Tuesday 7 March 2017

REPORTED SPEECH Class 5 English


REPORTED SPEECH
Make reported speech. Start all your answers with 'she', and use the past simple of 'ask', 'say' or 'tell'. It's the same day, so you don't need to change the time expressions.
1) “Come quickly!” She told me to come quickly
2) “Did you arrive before seven?” She asked me if I had arrived before seven
3) “How was your holiday?” She asked me how my holiday had been
4) “I would have visited the hospital, if I had known you were sick” She said that she would have visited the hospital, if she had known I was sick
5) “Don't touch!” She told me not to touch
6) “Do you usually cook at home?” She asked me if I usually cooked at home
7) “They had never been to Scotland until last year” She said that they had never been to Scotland until last year
8) “Make sure you arrive early!” She told me to arrive early
9) “I should have studied harder for the exam” She said that she should have studied harder for the exam
10) “Would you mind telling me how to get to the art gallery, please?” She asked me how to get to the art gallery
11) “Please don’t forget my book” She asked me not to forget her book
12) “Make sure you arrive at six!” She told me to arrive at six
13) “Remember to study hard!” She told me to remember to study hard
14) “Where do you want to eat tonight?” She asked me where I wanted to eat tonight
15) “I usually drink coffee in the mornings” .
16) “Do you like studying English?” She asked me if I liked studying English
17) “I’ll come and help you on Saturday” She said that she would come and help me on Saturday
18) “Please buy some bread on your way home” She asked me to buy some bread on my way home
19) “Please give this to John” .

No comments:

Post a Comment