Wednesday 6 July 2016

SAMPLE PAPER FOR FA I CLASS V ENGLISH

SAMPLE PAPER FA I      CLASS V       ENGLISH
Read the following comprehension passage:                 5M
My mother is a very busy person. She spends a lot of time in the kitchen preparing something or the other for us. She looks after the entire house of work.  She cooks even for our friends, relatives and guests.
I also help my mother in house work. I make it a point to assist her in the kitchen and give her a helping hand. But I cannot manage the kitchen work independently. Once when my mother went on tour to a near by village a made a mess of the kitchen. I made stony idlis. I made the rotis black and I burned even my fingers. Then I realized that day how difficult is to substitute mother’s position.
Now answer the questions:
What does a mother do at home?
Can you manage without mother?
What is the antonym of independently?
What do you feel about the narrator when you read the passage
Give a suitable title for the passage.

Describe any  incident that made you feel very happy.           (5M)
Fill in the blanks with suitable article:    A              AN              THE    (2M)
We have bought _______ LCD television set.
We are looking for ________ new house.
________ water we use for drinking must be pure.
Complete these sentences using right form of adjective:   (2M)
Krishna is _______ than Javed. (Tall)
Mona has __________ friends than Nita. (Less)
Can you spare ____________ money? ( a little/ a few)
Oranges are _____ than bananas (dear)
Complete these similes:         (1M)
As cunning as_______________
As sweet as _________________
Question and answers:     (2M)
Why did Vishrut offer to help Suma?
Extract:
“Perfumed eggs wait a minute”

Who said these  words and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment